The device measures an individual’s resting metabolism (RMR) precisely, using a simple 10-15 minute breathing test. Testing metabolic rates will determine exactly how many calories a person may eat and still lose or maintain weight. This technology takes all of the guess work out of dieting and weight loss!
- You should avoid activities such as exercise at least 4 hours prior to the test.
- Avoid eating and taking stimulants, such as caffeine and nicotine, at least 4 hours prior to the test.
- The nutritionist will place a nose clip on your nose and you will be given a disposable, sterile mouthpiece to breathe through.
- This mouthpiece is connected to the ReeVue by a hose that will measure how much oxygen you are breathing out.
- It is very important that you breathe only through the mouthpiece so this measurement will be correct.
The process begins with the dietary analysis, which provides the client with an “eye-opening” experience where they understand more about their eating habits. During this process two reports are generated. The first is the dietary analysis that compares the current intake of calories, protein, carbs and fats to the intake that DietMaster Pro has recommended. The second report is the nutrient analysis that identifies deficiencies in vitamins and minerals from the clients current food intake. During the initial consultation body composition testing is performed and goals are set.
The Evaluation Process
After the analysis work is completed we will select the proper meal plan template that best suits your dietary needs to meet their goals. The meal plan can be modified if desired.
The Follow Up
Follow-ups are typically every 2-4 weeks and consist of weighing in on the metabolic scale and addressing personal goals.